Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Friday, March 15 Ethan Frome chapter 4 review


Homework for Monday, March 18: read through page 128, chapter 7...yup, content quiz
Homework for Tuesday, March 19- finish novel.
Prezi due on Monday, March 25. If you have misplaced the handout, all the information is available on Wednesday's blog. If you need a pass to work in the library, see me soon!
In class: you were to have read through page 87, chapter ...so..1) quick content quiz
 2)Today we are reading the novel through the lens of accountable talk. This will count as a class participation grade, so it will serve you well to stay on task and focused on the material. Having read chapter 4, you should be familiar with the content, so now we can look deeper into the text.
assigned partners
1 Joe and   2 Aaron
1. Jamichael and  2. Ashli
1. Allison and  2. Katherine
1. Ariana and   2. Tamia
1. Austin and   2. Chrishell
1. Tianna and   2. Kathy
1. Nalia and     2. Zadejeh
1. Nick and      2. Miranda
1. Chris and    2. Tarek
1. Heidi and    2. Sierra

ACCOUNTABLE TALK DIRECTIONS
1.       Make sure you have your Ethan Frome book
2.       Get with your assigned partner. Bring your book.
3.       Open your book to chapter 4.      
5.       Now you will take turns reading to each other. Read a half a page, then stop.
6.       Choose one of the accountable talk “your responses” and reflect on what you have just read. Do not summarize the passage, but make a reflective observation.
7.       Your partner then will respond from the “your comments” column.
8. Quick write: during the last 10 minutes you will write an expansion on one of the comments make by your partner. It must be able to stand independently, that is include specfic references to what has been previously discussed. For example, when ________ noted that (character, plot, setting, diction reference)...
Your responses:                                                                                               
· I discovered that…
· I noticed that…
· I wonder…
· I was confused…
· This reminds me of…
· I predict that…
· I like…
· I didn’t like…
· I think…

 Your comments:
· I agree because…
· I disagree because…
· In my opinion…
· Why do you think that?
· Can you tell me more about that?
· Why do you feel that way?
· Can you show me?
· Can you explain that another way?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment